Friday, September 16, 2016

Week 3 BFA Portfolio

I've been working on a shot that involves two characters interacting at a hot dog stand. This week I was struggling with the timing as well as with constraints. The character's wrists were looking broken when he was scooping ingredients. I was able to model a ketchup bottle, and was planning on rigging a hotdog.

Another thing I've been struggling with is animating the spine. At the end of last semester I found I had been doing it a much harder and less efficient way: by using all of the spine controls. I would have to constantly go back and counter animate. This was very frustrating, so now I'm relearning spine animation and it has proven difficult. I can't seem to get the right curves I need from Malcolm, without using those other spine controls.

These things together really got me stressed and very anxious one morning, as we were supposed to be done blocking last week, yet here I am still working on it. I managed to power through and get some good poses. Sometimes you just need to take a step back for a bit. I've got a lot of catching up to do, and a lot of preemptive work to do as well, as I am leaving for Ottowa next weekend.

Here's a playblast


No comments:

Post a Comment