Friday, November 25, 2016

BFA Thesis Week 12

Lot's of stuff done before Thanksgiving. I've been put in charge of putting together an animation style guide. I needed to figure out how exactly we were going to animate. For the previous tests I had animated Flash, and then I did the cleanup and color in Photoshop. I wanted to test out how I could do it completely in Photoshop. Olivia had found this tutorial by an animator named Alex Grigg, whose influenced my work in my Conceptual Animation class.


Photoshop Animation Techniques (Redux, Creative Cloud) from Alex Grigg on Vimeo.

After re-watching the video I did a rough test of one of the other radishes
I was apprehensive about animating in Photoshop, but had a lot of fun animating this scene. I kept it simple and limited, mostly because this was a test of the program, but we are going for a more limited style.
The cleanup was a little trickier. I used a video layer which was a bit confusing at first, but it was fine after I got the hang of it. 

After this I made the animation guide! 
It was fun! I was thinking I might be able to do a SHMinar on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment